Apprenticeship Classes run for two weeks every six months with On-the-job training occurring when apprentices are not in class. Safety certification classes will be conducted on various weekends. All Jiw's are welcome to all Training and will need to schedule through Our training director Don Graham.
Click on the courses below for a full course description
Weld Shop is open every Tuesday from 8am to 9pm and 4th Saturday of every Month from 8am-4pm . Please call Travis or Don for Appointment
Applicable Safety Certifications and Training Dates
- MSHA 24-New Miner -
- Phosphate Refresher-
- OSHA 30- TBA
- First Aid / CPR / AED-- (July 15 2022) 8 am-330pm
- OSHA Subpart R --(June 27th and June 29th 2022 ) 6pm - 9pm
- Scaffold User- (July 25th 2022) 6pm-9pm
- Scaffold Erector / Dismantler - (July 30th ) 7am-330pm
- Fork Lift Training--(October 7th 2022) 7am-330pm
- High Reach Training--(August 4th 2022) 12pm-4pm
- Foreman Training --(November 15th- 17th 2022) 7am-530pm
- Covid-19 Training (Before each class or training)
Reinforcing Concrete / Mathematics for Iron Workers) July 5th-15th 2022
- The fabrication and placement of steel bars in concrete.
- Whole numbers, common fractions, decimal fractions, percentages, averages, measurements.
Rigging and Cranes (September 26th- October 7th 2022)
- Rigging procedures and precautions, characteristics of various fiber and wire ropes, the proper use of slings, rigging hardware, tools and devices. The crane portion involves pre-lift planning and set up, principles of crane operation, quadrants, load charts, capacity factors and crane signaling.
Structural Steel Erection (July 25th - August 5th 2022)
- Safely erecting steel structures, bridges, towers, wind turbines and amusement park structures.
Architectural and Ornamental ( October 17th-28th 2022)
- Installing curtain walls, window walls, doors, store fronts, composite panel walls, catwalks, grating, stairs, and the proper application of various sealants.
Blue Print Reading / Foreman Training --(November 7th- 18th 2022 )
- Reading and interpreting: Welding, architectural, rigging, structural, and reinforcing steel drawings. Foreman Training: Leadership skills such as effective communication, problem solving, proper documentation, safety and quality control and team building.
Welding 1, 2 and 3 -(August 15th -27th 2022) (September 6th- 17th 2022 )
- Welding safety, theory, quality, electrodes, basic metallurgy, equipment set up, various processes, oxy fuel, carbon arc and plasma arc cutting.
- At the completion of this course the student will be certified to the American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 and D1.5 welding codes in the Shield Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) and Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) processes.
Comet-(November 18th ) 7am-11am
Survival of the Fittest
Pre-Cast Concrete Erection
Conveyor Installation and Maintenance
Lead Hazard- (November 17th 2022 ) 7am-11am
Harassment Training-(August 26th 2022) 7am-10am