Apprenticeship Classes run for two weeks every six months with On-the-job training occurring when apprentices are not in class. Safety certification classes will be conducted on various weekends. All Jiw's are welcome to all Training and will need to schedule through Our training director Don Graham.
Click on the courses below for a full course description
Applicable Safety Certifications and Training Dates
- MSHA 24-TBA
- Phosphate Refresher- January 23rd, February 6th, 13th , March 27th, April 10th, May15th, June 12th 2021
- OSHA 30- TBA
- First Aid / CPR / AED-- (January 15th 2021) 7am
- OSHA Subpart R --(January 4th and 6th 2021) 7am
- Scaffold User- (February 1st and 3rd 2021) 6pm
- Scaffold Erector / Dismantler - (February 6th 2021) 7am
- Fork Lift Training--(April 9th 2021) 7am
- High Reach Training--(February 5th 2021) 7am
- Foreman Training --(TBA)
- Covid-19 Training (Before each class or training)
Reinforcing Concrete / Mathematics for Iron Workers(January 4th - 15th 2021)
- The fabrication and placement of steel bars in concrete.
- Whole numbers, common fractions, decimal fractions, percentages, averages, measurements.
Rigging and Cranes (March 29th- April 9th 2021)
- Rigging procedures and precautions, characteristics of various fiber and wire ropes, the proper use of slings, rigging hardware, tools and devices. The crane portion involves pre-lift planning and set up, principles of crane operation, quadrants, load charts, capacity factors and crane signaling.
Structural Steel Erection (January 25th- February 5th 2021)
- Safely erecting steel structures, bridges, towers, wind turbines and amusement park structures.
Architectural and Ornamental (April 19th- 30th) (May 10th-21st 2021)
- Installing curtain walls, window walls, doors, store fronts, composite panel walls, catwalks, grating, stairs, and the proper application of various sealants.
Blue Print Reading / Foreman Training --TBA)
- Reading and interpreting: Welding, architectural, rigging, structural, and reinforcing steel drawings. Foreman Training: Leadership skills such as effective communication, problem solving, proper documentation, safety and quality control and team building.
Welding 1, 2 and 3 -(February 15th- 26th)( March 8th- 19th) (May 31st- June 11th)(June 7th- 18th 2021)
- Welding safety, theory, quality, electrodes, basic metallurgy, equipment set up, various processes, oxy fuel, carbon arc and plasma arc cutting.
- At the completion of this course the student will be certified to the American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 and D1.5 welding codes in the Shield Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) and Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) processes.
Survival of the Fittest
Pre-Cast Concrete Erection
Conveyor Installation and Maintenance
Lead Hazard- (TBA)
Harassment Training-(February 26th 2021)