Apprenticeship Classes run for two weeks every six months with On-the-job training occurring when apprentices are not in class. Safety certification classes will be conducted on various weekends. All Jiw's are welcome to all Training and will need to schedule through Our training director Don Graham.
Click on the courses below for a full course description
Applicable Safety Certifications and Training Dates
- MSHA 24-TBA
- OSHA 30- TBA
- First Aid / CPR / AED-- (July 10th 2020)
- OSHA Subpart R --(July 9th 2020)
- Scaffold User-TBA
- Scaffold Erector / Dismantler -TBA
- Fork Lift Training--(Sept 25th 2020)
- High Reach Training--(July 31st 2020)
- Foreman Training --(Oct 14th - Oct 16th 2020)
- Covid-19 Training (Before each class or training)
Reinforcing Concrete / Mathematics for Iron Workers(June 29th-July 7th)
- The fabrication and placement of steel bars in concrete.
- Whole numbers, common fractions, decimal fractions, percentages, averages, measurements.
Rigging and Cranes (Sept 14th - Sept 25th 2020)
- Rigging procedures and precautions, characteristics of various fiber and wire ropes, the proper use of slings, rigging hardware, tools and devices. The crane portion involves pre-lift planning and set up, principles of crane operation, quadrants, load charts, capacity factors and crane signaling.
Structural Steel Erection (July 20th - July 31st 2020)
- Safely erecting steel structures, bridges, towers, wind turbines and amusement park structures.
Architectural and Ornamental
- Installing curtain walls, window walls, doors, store fronts, composite panel walls, catwalks, grating, stairs, and the proper application of various sealants.
Blue Print Reading / Foreman Training (Oct 5th- Oct 16th 2020)
- Reading and interpreting: Welding, architectural, rigging, structural, and reinforcing steel drawings. Foreman Training: Leadership skills such as effective communication, problem solving, proper documentation, safety and quality control and team building.
Welding 1, 2 and 3 -(Aug 10th-Aug 21st) (August 24th-Sept 4th)(Oct 26th- Nov 20th 2020)
- Welding safety, theory, quality, electrodes, basic metallurgy, equipment set up, various processes, oxy fuel, carbon arc and plasma arc cutting.
- At the completion of this course the student will be certified to the American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 and D1.5 welding codes in the Shield Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) and Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) processes.
Comet-(Oct 16th 2020)
Survival of the Fittest
Pre-Cast Concrete Erection
Conveyor Installation and Maintenance
Lead Hazard- (Oct 15th 2020)
Harassment Training-(Nov 6th 2020)