Steps to Apprenticeship
Step 1 - Application
- Apply in person 10201 US Highway 92 E Tampa, FL 33610
- Accepted Daily from 8:30am to 4:00pm – Monday to Friday
- Driver’s License and Social Security Card are required
Step 2 - Informational Meeting
- Dates to be announced
- Gives a brief overview of the Ironworking trade, the Apprenticeship program and the Benefits of working as a Union Ironworker.
Step 3 - Drug Test
Step 4 - 6 month State Accredited Pre-Apprenticeship/Orientation Classes
- Hands on and Classroom curriculum to orient a new candidate to the Ironworking trade
- Basic Safety Certifications are a part of the required curriculum.
Step 5 - 120 Hour (over 13 weeks) Pre-Apprentice Classroom Orientation
Step 6 - Interviews to enter the 4 year State Accredited Apprenticeship Program
Requirements of an Applicant
- Be At Least 18 Years Old
- Be Drug Free
- Be Physically Capable of Performing the Work
- Have a Valid Driver's License
- Have Reliable Transportation
- Have a Social Security Card
- Have Basic Math Skills
- Be Highly Motivated with a Positive Attitude
- Have a Willingness to Work as a Part of a Team
- Have a Willingness to be Trained
- Possess a Good Sense of Balance
- Be Alert to Potential Danger to Themselves and Others
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D. is NOT Required
Terms of Apprenticeship
- Four (4) years.
- Minimum of 1,400 on the job training hours per year.
- 204 classroom hours per year.
- Two (2) semesters a year. Classroom and hands on training twice a year for two (2) weeks. Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 5:30 pm.